Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tea Party

*** I'll try to put all the recipes from the previous posts up in the next few weeks, but for now I only have pictures ***



My best friend came back from England last week and she'll be here for the whole summer before going back to study. Sunday I had a chance to entertain her at home. It was so good to finally talk to her in person and see her and just relax together with her. This occasion called for a celebration.

So Saturday I baked and I baked (and made ice cream).







Almond Cherry Cakes


Chocolate Wafers (they were supposed to be a part of a Ice Cream Sandwich, but I only managed to make a couple and they were ugly)

Vanilla Ice Cream

Smoked salmon sandwiches with herb butter on homemade brioche bread


Cucumber sandwiches with goats cheese spread on homemade brioche bread

Fois Gras mousse with dried apricotes soaked in brandy



Herbed Goat Cheese Sandwiches
Brioche Loaves
Amaretti Cookies

1 comment:

jewellspring said...

There is nothing better than a friends who prepares for your visit by making special food for an afternoon of tea party and conversation. I'm sure she loved it.